Penrith City Council Kerbside Collection
Residents from the Penrith City Council are entitled to up to 4 free bulky household collection per year. These free services are a great way to get rid of your unwanted large goods such as furniture or appliances. You will be required to book and arrange a collection over the phone with the Penrith City Council on 4732 7777.
It is important that you make a booking for the kerbside rubbish collection as soon as possible as it usually takes 2 to 4 weeks before the Penrith City Council are able to pick up your unwanted junk. You may see longer delays of up to 8 weeks during busy periods such as holidays and school breaks.
The Penrith City Council encourages residents to recycle and reuse their waste as much as possible instead of throwing it away to the dumpsters. Donating household goods which are still in good conditions are the best ways to get rid of your unwanted goods. Charity organisations such as St Vincent de Paul Society or The Salvation Army will accept goods that can be repurposed and reused.
How to prepare for Penrith City Council Kerbside Pick Up
There are a few conditions and restrictions that must be met when you are using the free Penrith City Council junk collection. Failure to meet these conditions can result in the local council not taking your unwanted junk and possibly a fine in cases where it is deemed as illegal rubbish dumping.
1) Make sure that the Penrith City Council accepts your items (check below)
2) You do not leave your garbage out any earlier than on the day before the collection day
3) Does not exceed a volume of 2 cubic metres
4) The pile of junk is neatly stacked and is not obstructing any path
5) White goods do not have doors attached
6) Small or broken items are placed in bags or boxes
Household items that are accepted by Penrith City Council
Please ensure that your unwanted items are accepted by the Penrith City Council to be eligible to use the free rubbish removal service. These items include:
- White goods e.g. refrigerator, washing machine, dishwasher, oven
- Furniture e.g. lounge, tables, chairs, shelves, cabinets, wardrobes
- Mattress (up to 2 per collection)
- Tied and Bundled garden waste (branches are less than 1.2 metres)
- Unwanted household waste e.g. clothes, broken toys
Household items that are not accepted by Penrith City Council
If your household goods fall under one of the following categories, you will need to find an alternative method of disposal. You may need to visit the Penrith Community Recycling Centre to drop off these items instead. The Penrith City Council does not accept:
- Building or industrial waste e.g. bricks, plasterboard, tiles, concrete, vanities
- Car parts e.g. engine, tyres, motor oil
- Large garden waste
- Hazardous waste e.g. gas bottle, asbestos, chemicals, paint
- Large glass e.g. fish tank or mirrors
Which suburbs does Penrith City Council cover?
The Penrith City Council covers 37 suburbs and an area of approximately 404 km squared with a population of over 196,000 (2016 census).
- Agnes Banks (shared with the City of Hawkesbury)
- Badgerys Creek (shared with the City of Liverpool)
- Berkshire Park
- Cambridge Gardens
- Cambridge Park
- Claremont Meadows
- Emu Heights
- Emu Plains
- Erskine Park
- Glenmore Park
- Jordan Springs
- Kemps Creek (shared with Liverpool)
- Kingswood Park
- Luddenham (shared with Liverpool)
- Mount Vernon
- North St Marys
- Orchard Hills
- Oxley Park
- St Clair
- St Marys (shared with City of Blacktown)
- South Penrith
- Wallacia (shared with Liverpool and Wollondilly Shire)
- Werrington County
- Werrington Downs
Our friendly alternative
If waiting up to 4 or even 8 weeks to get your unwanted bulky household junk collected is not for you, then perhaps our speedy and affordable rubbish removal services can offer help. Paul’s Rubbish Removal offers residents in the Penrith City Council area with 24 hours of same-day rubbish removal.
This means our team can attend your household on the same-day that you call us and arrange an appointment to get rid of your oversized household goods. You won’t have to worry about restrictions or conditions when disposing of your items because we’ll hand remove the goods from its original spot. We collect a wide range of different items including those from offices and commercial spaces.
Simply give us a call today on 0407 125 125 for all your household rubbish disposal today!
Excellent service, quote given on the spot for major clean-up of household throw-outs. The team provides quick, efficient and courteous removal! Very satisfied customer.
You guys are great, I’ll happily recommend you. I just wished I had found you sooner. I felt your price was a little too low when you quoted… so I didn’t think you would do such a good job… well done for proving me wrong.
Paul, sensational job as always, love how easy you make it look. Definitely won’t hesitate in calling you again should either my family or friends need rubbish removed. Thanks again!