End of lease cleaning is also known as bond cleaning, end of tenancy cleaning, or exit cleaning. It is a cleaning process that a tenant is required to conduct at the end of their tenancy by the homeowner or the law, for them to receive their house deposit back. When you are renting a house or office space, the landlord will always ask for an amount of money to serve as the bond deposit.
In case you move out without performing the end of lease cleaning and restoring the house to a state close, if not exactly, to its original form, then the bond deposit is not refunded. End of lease cleaning can also be done by the landlord or homeowner before a new tenant moves into the building.
Moving out is not an easy task. It involves many tasks such as finding dependable movers, sorting, organising and packing your items among many other tasks. At the end of the moving process, you could end up feeling exhausted both physically and mentally with no energy or willpower left to do the end of lease cleaning.
You can do the cleaning yourself, or hire a professional company to do the work for you. End of lease cleaning is thorough; it is not only cleaning the normal spaces, but also cleaning even the hard to reach areas. Doing an unsatisfactory work could result in your bond deposit defaulted.
Therefore, if you do not intend to or not able to do a thorough job, then hire a professional cleaning company to do the work for you. To help you know spaces that will be checked by the homeowner before you get your refund back, below is the ultimate end of lease cleaning checklist:
General cleaning involves doing a thorough clean-up of the general spaces in the house. These areas include:
- clearing out different animal and insect patterns, cobwebs and removing nests on both the interior and the exterior of the house
- dusting and wiping the light switches and light fittings
- mopping hard floors and vacuuming carpets and rugs
- Keenly cleaning windows on the inside and the outside
- cleaning and vacuuming exhaust fans, filters and air conditioners
- wiping and cleaning the kitchen surfaces, including countertops
- Cleaning the hard to reach areas in the kitchen, not forgetting spaces behind the counters, and spaces above the kitchen shelves and cabinets
Deep cleaning in the bathroom and laundry area
- mopping the floor, wiping the tiles, towel rails and mirrors
- cleaning off moulds, wiping cobwebs and dust in the bathroom walls and laundry area
- getting rid of soap deposit in the laundry tab, glasses and bathroom walls
- Thorough clean-up of cupboards, drawers and shelves, both inside and outside, bathroom and laundry area
- sterilizing shower, bathtubs and sinks in the bathroom
- Using specified cleaning solutions to disinfect and remove colour pigment in the toilet and toilet seats
- Removing soap residue and cleaning the washing machine, not forgetting spaces under and around the machine
- Cleaning and removing dust and grime from the exhaust fan filter
Deep cleaning in the kitchen
- cleaning both the inside and outside of shelves, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave and other electrical appliances in the kitchen
- removing persistent pigments on stovetops
- thorough clean-up of the oven; removing grease and grime on oven trays, barbeque grill and trays, doors and glass
- sanitising the kitchen sinks and drainage holes
- mopping the floor and hard to reach areas
- removing dust and smoke particles from the hood range and exhaust fan filter
Other key areas
Apart from inside the house, you also need to check that the garage is free from dust, nests and cobwebs, gutters are clean with no debris. And finally, balcony railings and patio are cleaned as well, during the end of lease clean up.
End of lease cleaning should be done thoroughly compared to your general normal cleaning. The homeowner or landlord will use the checklist above to determine if it is worth to refund your deposit. Get specialised cleaning products to help you remove stubborn stains. After the end of lease cleaning, the house or office space should be left smelling clean and fresh.
Excellent service; quote given on the spot for major clean-up of household throw-outs. The team provides quick, efficient and courteous removal! Very satisfied customer.
We needed a few boys to come down to the building site and remove large amounts of materials after the demolition. Paul was very friendly and gave us all the info we needed. We scheduled for him to come down on the same-day as it was an urgent job. Not only did he arrive on-time and got the job done, he very professional throughout the clean-out and managed his team very well. Top job mate!
Paul did a splendid job with cleaning out our backyard. We had old fridges, computers, microwaves, timber flooring and heaps of other junk left over from our house renovation. Paul was quick to provide advice and how much it’d cost to get everything cleaned up. He arrived at a time which suited us best and left absolutely no rubbish behind. I can not stress how happy we are now that our family home is junk-free! Thank you!
Wanted to say a big thanks to Paul and his team for sorting out our rubbish on such late notice. Paul provided a fast and affordable quote, arrived on-time and had our rubbish totally removed within the time-frame we had given them. Can’t fault these guys whatsoever!
You guys are great, I’ll happily recommend you. I just wished I had found you sooner. I felt your price was a little too low when you quoted… so I didn’t think you would do such a good job… well done for proving me wrong.
Paul, sensational job as always, love how easy you make it look. Definitely won’t hesitate in calling you again should either my family or friends need rubbish removed. Thanks again!
Dear Paul, My husband told me what a great job you did in the kitchen, I got home and found every bit of our demolished kitchen removed and I just wanted to write and say thank you for doing it so quickly, thoroughly and for cleaning up afterwards as well. I would have no hesitation in recommending you. We both felt your price was very reasonable too. Many thanks.