Remember the bond that you have deposited in the first month of your tenancy? You can get that refunded at the end of your contract. All you have to do is to restore your place to its original condition when you first moved in. That means that aside from getting rid of all your belongings, you also have to remove the fixtures and anything else that you’ve added during your stay. Aside from that, you also have to fix and discard any damage, dirt, and rubbish that weren’t there before. This is called the end-of-lease cleaning or bond cleaning.
When is the best time to do end-of-lease rubbish removal?
You should start doing your end-of-lease cleaning at least a month before your contract ends. This is to foresee any problems when moving out and so that you can make sure that you will leave your place clean and conditioned. It is ideal that you first take your things out so that there’s more space when you clean. As you pack, you can leave items that you don’t need and use anymore so that you can dispose of them together with the rubbish you collected from your end-of-lease cleaning.
Here’s a checklist for your end-of-lease rubbish removal needs. Make sure that you can tick off the boxes to guarantee your bond back.
General Indoor Cleaning
- Wipe the surfaces of tables, chairs, shelves, furniture and fixtures.
- Detach and remove temporary fixtures and equipment you’ve added to your space. This includes internal walls and dividers, flooring, shelves and cabinets, and electrical systems.
- Sweep and mop the floor. Vacuum carpets and rugs.
- Wash curtains and linens.
- Clean the ceiling and remove cobwebs.
- Clean windows and doors on both sides
- Clean all the appliances inside the house, including the exhaust fans and air conditioners.
- Wipe the lights and light switches
- Sweep and dust underneath and on the sides of furniture, sofas, and appliances.
Bathroom and Laundry Cleaning
- Discard empty bottles and containers.
- Remove moulds from the walls and floors. Clean tiles and grout.
- Wipe mirrors clean.
- Clean showerheads, taps, sinks, and bathtubs.
- Get rid of soap deposits and fallen hair strands.
- Clean the grease and stains from the oven, stove, and other kitchen appliances.
- Make sure that there are no food scraps in the sink.
- Remove unused, unopened, and leftover food items and condiments on the shelves, in the refrigerator and pantry.
- Wipe the surfaces of your tables, countertops, cupboards, and shelves.
- Sweep your yard, driveway, and garage. Use oil and grease cleaners if there are oil spills on your garage floor.
- Remove any cobwebs on your garage ceiling and nests in your gutter.
- Mow the lawn and pull the weeds out.
- Remove dead branches from trees.
- Sweep and collect dried and fallen leaves.
- Wipe your outdoor light fixtures. Make sure that they are working.
What’s Next Of Cleaning and Clearing?
After cleaning the entire house, including your outdoor spaces, you’ll end up with piles of different types of junk. You’ll have a bunch of paper, metals, glass, electronics, and yard wastes. You might even have construction debris from stripping out temporary fixtures and equipment. Regardless of what kinds of rubbish you have, you also have to get rid of them either by hiring a dumpster or a rubbish removal company.
When you rent a dumpster, you’ll handle the task of sorting and dumping your rubbish into the bin. On the other hand, with a rubbish removal company, you can just sit back and relax as we collect, load, and take away all your rubbish from you. Paul’s Rubbish Removal is the most reliable rubbish removal company in Sydney. We offer fast, efficient, and quality rubbish removal so that your place is clean and rubbish-free.
Paul also offers strip-out services and home clear out services to help you move out. We understand that packing your stuff, transferring them to your new place, and then unloading them is an extremely exhausting task. You may not have the energy to perform your end-of-lease rubbish removal afterwards. Luckily, we’re one call away from helping you clean and clear your place. Contact us anytime at 0407 125 125 to get a free quote and book with us.