The best thing about yard sales is that you can hold them anytime of the year. Not only can you make some money but you can also get rid of any unwanted items from your home.
As the old saying goes, “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure” and nothing proves this quote to be accurate than a successful yard sale where people from all walks of life can pick up what they like at a drop-dead discount.
Old furniture, outdated electronics, undesired treasures and collectables, these are all great items you can sell off to your neighbours while at the same time, freeing up much-needed space at home.
If you find that there are things that simply will not sell, then Paul’s Rubbish can help you remove those promptly and easily.
Advantages of having a yard sale
Yard sales are popular in many parts of the world, especially in more environmentally conscious areas where people are likely to recycle their belongings. The following points are the benefits you can get by holding a yard sale:
- Incredibly easy to organise because you can have the sales in your very front yard
- No need for spending excessively on advertising or posters because word of mouth works well
- You can earn quite a lot of money by selling stuff that you no longer need or want around the house
- It would free up some precious space in your home where you can place other furniture or different items
- You get a chance to socialise and meet a lot of people through the yard sales
- Most of the transactions can happen in cash, so there’s no worry of paying taxes
How to attract more customers?
The sales events offer numerous advantages not only to the buyer but the seller as well. But before you can think about making money, it’s important to know how to attract potential customers from the neighbourhood and beyond.
In order for the sales to be profitable, you may need to focus on three factors – advertising, display, and preparation.
Advertising works to get the word out to the people who might be interested in rummaging through your belongings. You may advertise either through the classified section of your local newspaper or can also place posters at intersections to let people know a yard sale is in the process.
Correctly displaying the items is also crucial because people are more likely to buy stuff that appeals to their eyes and carries some sentimental value. No, you don’t need to invest a huge sum of money buying a display rack; just placing the undesired stuff in an organised fashion is enough to get the job done.
Last but not least, you must be prepared to meet and greet a lot of people because you never know how successful your yard sale will be until you see start seeing people arrive.
Don’t let the effort of organising a yard sale put you off from doing it. Yard sales can be productive and a great way to bring the family together.
If you’ve noticed you have large old junky objects that won’t sell, simply call Paul’s Rubbish and we’ll help you remove all residential junk – hassle-free.
- Littering in Public Parks: Why It’s a Huge Problem - October 15, 2021
- Littering on Beaches: Why It Needs to Stop - October 12, 2021
- Australia’s Packaging Waste Targets 2025: Everything You Need To Know - September 21, 2021