Cumberland Council Kerbside Collection
Recently as of February 2018, residents in the Cumberland Council area are entitled to 4 free kerbside junk collection each year. The service must be pre-booked online or over the phone to the Cumberland Council. The free household junk pick up service can be busy at times, therefore it is recommended that you pre-book the rubbish service up to 4 weeks in advance.
If you are planning to throw away large household goods that are relatively in good condition, you can opt to donate or offer your unwanted items to The Bower. They will pick up your household junk for free and provide them to those in need. This is an attractive option because no junk is being wasted and it does not end up in a landfill.
How to prepare for Cumberland Council Kerbside Pick Up
Follow these simple steps to prepare for your kerbside rubbish collection by the Cumberland Council. By doing so, you are keeping your neighbours and workers safe from rubbish hazards.
1) Check to see if the Cumberland Council accepts your unwanted items
2) Place them on the kerbside in front of your property one day before the booked date
3) Put small and broken goods in a box or bag for disposal
4) A maximum of 2 cubic square metres is allowed
5) Make sure that the pile is neat and is not blocking any walkway or path
Household items that are accepted by Cumberland Council
The Cumberland Council will accept the following household items:
- White goods
- Small garden waste (bundled and tied)
- Floor covering (rolled and tied)
Household items that are not accepted by Cumberland Council
The Cumberland Council does not accept and will leave behind the following household items:
- Building and industrial materials e.g. mirror, glass, bricks, soil, tiles, plasterboard, fences
- Dangerous goods e.g. gas bottles, asbestos, oil, paint, chemicals
- Motor vehicle parts e.g. engine, tyres, motor oil
- Household goods that cannot be lifted and carried by a team of two men
Which suburbs does Cumberland Council cover?
The Cumberland Council covers 29 suburbs and an area of approximately 72 km squared with a population of over 216,000 (2016 census).
- Chester Hill (shared with Canterbury-Bankstown Council)
- Fairfield (shared with City of Fairfield)
- Granville (shared with City of Parramatta Council)
- Guildford West
- Holroyd (shared with City of Parramatta Council)
- Homebush West (shared with Municipality of Strathfield)
- Lidcombe (shared with City of Parramatta Council)
- Mays Hill (shared with City of Parramatta Council)
- Merrylands (shared with City of Parramatta Council)
- Merrylands West
- Pendle Hill (shared with City of Parramatta Council)
- Prospect (shared with City of Blacktown)
- Regents Park (shared with Canterbury-Bankstown Council)
- Smithfield (shared with City of Fairfield)
- South Granville
- South Wentworthville
- Sydney Olympic Park (Some parts within City of Parramatta Council)
- Toongabbie (shared with the City of Blacktown and City of Parramatta Council)
- Wentworthville (shared with City of Parramatta Council)
- Westmead (shared with City of Parramatta Council)
- Yennora (shared with the City of Fairfield)
How can I get rid of unaccepted household items?
Household items that are not accepted by the Cumberland Council can be disposed of via a different method. This includes Mobile Community Recycling Service offered to residents in the Parramatta Council and Cumberland Council regions.
Alternatively, services such as Paul’s Rubbish Removal can offer quick and affordable rubbish removal for residents and business owners in the Cumberland Council district. We provide same-day removal services to relieve homeowners from their junk immediately.
If you are having trouble throwing away your unwanted household garbage, don’t worry. We accept a majority of household junk and rubbish. If it can be carried by our team and fits in our truck, there is a high chance we’ll take it. Simply check out our amazing rubbish removal services.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Paul’s Rubbish Removal today on 0407 125 125 for a free quote to get started!
Excellent service, quote given on the spot for major clean-up of household throw-outs. The team provides quick, efficient and courteous removal! Very satisfied customer.
You guys are great, I’ll happily recommend you. I just wished I had found you sooner. I felt your price was a little too low when you quoted… so I didn’t think you would do such a good job… well done for proving me wrong.
Paul, sensational job as always, love how easy you make it look. Definitely won’t hesitate in calling you again should either my family or friends need rubbish removed. Thanks again!