City of Parramatta Council rubbish collection
As a prominent Sydney household rubbish removal provider, we aim to help residents and workers in Parramatta with the latest news and complete rubbish guide in the area. In this, we’ll take a look at junk collection from the City of Parramatta Council specifically.
The council has allocated the allowance of 4 household kerbside collections annually. The Parramatta Council has completely moved the process to a pre-booking system online for all bulky household rubbish.
Booking bulky rubbish cleanup is quite easy. It is important that pre-bookings are made and finalised before loading your junk onto the streets for collection. Failure to do so is deemed to be illegal dumping and will be penalised accordingly.
To take our recycling program a step forward at Paul’s Rubbish Removal, we try to educate the benefits of recycling and how to do it correctly. Incorrect recycling such as placing the wrong material into the recycling bin can contaminate the whole recycling truck or jam the sorting machine at the recycling facility.
If you’d like to do the recycling and disposal of large bulky items yourself in Parramatta, the nearest local recycling centre that is available to the public is the Auburn recycling centre. If your household junk is still in working and good condition, then check out the local rehoming options provided by the City of Parramatta Council to minimise the number of waste in landfills and extend the lifespan of the item to be reused.
How to prepare for City of Parramatta Council household junk collection
There are a few rules and conditions that must be followed when using the City of Parramatta Council bulk collection. Before you prepare to throw out your unwanted junk on the side of the road for collection, make sure that:
- The City of Parramatta Council accepts your household junk (see below)
- Less than 2 cubic metres in volume
- Placed on the day before the pre-booked date
- Safe and organised without obstructing the footpath or vehicle pathway
- Can be lifted safely by two people
- Doors from white goods must be removed
Household items accepted by the City of Parramatta Council
Many residents assume that the City of Parramatta Council will generally accept all household junk that makes up our home. However, this is not the case. Here is the list of what is acceptable when you organise for a council household rubbish pick up and the condition that it must be presented in:
- White goods e.g. refrigerator, dishwasher, dryer, oven, washing machine.
(The doors must be removed prior to collection)
- Furniture and appliances e.g. lounge, sofa, drawers, cabinet, wardrobe, bookshelf, table.
(They should not be longer than 2 metres in length and can be moved by 2 people)
- Mattress e.g. bed frame, headboard.
(They should not be longer than 2 metres in length)
- Small garden waste e.g. branches, twigs.
(Shorter than 1.5 metres in length and less than 8 cm in diameter, no spikes and tied together)
- Timber fence and small timber
(Nails must be flattened or removed)
(Rolled and tied up, nails or tacks must be rolled inwards or removed)
Household items not accepted by the City of Parramatta Council
It is important that you check whether or not the City of Parramatta Council accepts the type of waste that you would like to throw away. Here is a list of what they DON’T accept:
- General household garbage e.g. food scrap and small rubbish that can be placed in the red lid general waste bin
- Car parts e.g. motor oil, engine, tyres
- Broken or whole glass e.g. mirror, glass
- Commercial or industrial waste e.g. sand, soil, concrete, fibro, plasterboard, roof tiles
- Hazardous waste e.g. paint, chemicals, batteries, gas bottles, flammable materials
How to dispose of household items not accepted by the City of Parramatta Council?
There are a few options that you can do to dispose of unwanted household junk that isn’t accepted by the City of Parramatta Council. You can search the links below that may help you find the best way to get rid of it.
- You can take it to a local recycling centre which accepts the waste
- Contact a scrap metal collector
- Create a compost at home for your oversized garden waste
- Keep an eye out for annual hazardous waste drop off events in the Parramatta Local Government Area and Cumberland City Council
Which suburbs does the City of Parramatta Council cover?
The City of Parramatta Council is home to over 243,000 residents in 2017 and covers the Central Western suburbs of Sydney. They include:
Our alternative option
Because the City of Parramatta Council only offers pre-booked junk collections, you will often find yourself struggling to organise a date that is convenient for you to dispose of your household waste. Furthermore, you will also have certain household junk that you need to throw away but is not accepted by the Parramatta Council.
For this, you will need a reliable rubbish removal service that is flexible to pick your unwanted junk at a time and day that is most suitable for you. This is where our services in Central Western Sydney can be of assistance. The convenience of same-day collection allows you to get rid of your household bulky items today.
If you simply have too much rubbish and need to get rid of it all in an instant, then we can be of service. We’ll be able to collect nearly all types of household, office or commercial rubbish. Best of all, we’ll hand remove it from anywhere on your site if given access. The team at Paul’s Rubbish Removal are capable of safely removing all sorts of waste from big to small.
Contact Paul’s Parramatta team on 0407 125 125 for your quick and easy household bulky item collection today!