Bayside Council Kerbside Collection
The Bayside Council provides residents with free bulky household cleanup services each year. The number and dates of the collection are provided to the homeowners by the council on a magnetic strip that can be placed on your refrigerator. If you do not have or did not receive a magnet from the council with the free rubbish collection dates, then it is best that you call 1300 581 299 for one to be sent to you.
The Bayside Council began implementing an eco-friendly system to help reduce the number of waste being sent to the landfill in September 2018. It was a step to divert waste from the landfill and to a facility where the waste can be properly sorted and recycled. This is a crucial step to achieving the council’s goal of 85% landfill avoidance by 2030.
The free kerbside rubbish collection provided by the Bayside Council is designed to help residents in the area to remove and dispose of their large unwanted goods that would not normally fit in your wheelie bins. These rubbish cleanup dates are scheduled by the council and are provided on a magnetic strip that can be placed on a fridge for better visibility. There are rules that must be followed when using free service is are detailed below.
How to prepare for Bayside Council kerbside collection
There are a few conditions that must be met in order for the Bayside Council to accept your unwanted household junk. If they are not met, your junk will not be picked up by the council workers.
1) Only place your unwanted junk on the Saturday or Sunday before your scheduled collection date. Anything outside of these dates are considered as illegal rubbish dumping and can lead you to fines.
2) Each household is allowed a maximum of 3 cubic metres per collection.
3) The pile is neat, tidy and isn’t blocking any path or walkway.
4) All loose, broken or small items are placed in bags or boxes for disposal.
5) Separate your rubbish piles for easier collection.
Household items accepted by Bayside Council
The Bayside Council will accept certain oversized household goods. If they cannot be lifted and carried by a two-man team, they will not be collected. These items include:
- Electronic waste
- White goods
Household items not accepted by Bayside Council
Unwanted household goods that are picked up by the Bayside Council are usually dumped in a rubbish tip. That is why they cannot accept household waste that will have a large impact on the overall waste. The Bayside Council will not accept:
- Hazardous waste e.g. asbestos, oil, paint, chemical
- Gas bottles and fire extinguishers
- Large garden waste
- Building materials e.g. bricks, plasterboard, tiles, concrete, sawdust, sand, soil
- Car parts e.g. engine, motor oil, tyres
- Glass items e.g. shower glass, mirror, windows
Which suburbs does the Bayside Council cover?
The Bayside Council is home to over 156,000 residents in 2016 and covers an area of approximately 50 kilometres squared.
- Bardwell Park
- Bardwell Valley
- Bexley North
- Botany Bay
- Carlton (parts are located in Georges River Council)
- Dolls Point
- Kingsgrove (parts are located in Canterbury-Bankstown& Georges River Council)
- Kogarah (parts are located in Georges River Council)
- Mascot (minor part located in Inner West Council)
- Pagewood (parts are located in City of Randwick council)
- Ramsgate (parts are located in Georges River Council)
- Ramsgate Beach
- Rosebery (parts are located in City of Sydney council)
- Sans Souci (parts are located in Georges River Council)
- Sydney Airport
- Wolli Creek
The convenient alternative
When it comes to our rubbish removal, we usually want to get it done as fast as possible and as inexpensive as possible. Although the Bayside Council provides residents with free rubbish removal, their setback is that it can take weeks before anything is collected. This is where Paul’s Rubbish Removal can step in to provide you with that extra convenience of fast junk collection.
With Paul’s same-day rubbish removal service, you can now get all your unwanted household junk gone from your home today. When you call us, our nearest team will be dispatched straight to your Bayside home. We’ll hand remove and load your goods onto our trucks for quick and easy disposal.
Best of all, our disposal methods are totally environmentally-friendly. We sort through and recycle our waste accordingly to ensure that minimal waste is thrown into a landfill. Household goods such as lounge and sofa which can be repurposed and reused are donated to The Bower where those in need can benefit from the waste.
Please do not hesitate to contact us today on 0407 125 125 for a free rubbish removal quote in Bayside Council!
Excellent service, quote given on the spot for major clean-up of household throw-outs. The team provides quick, efficient and courteous removal! Very satisfied customer.
You guys are great, I’ll happily recommend you. I just wished I had found you sooner. I felt your price was a little too low when you quoted… so I didn’t think you would do such a good job… well done for proving me wrong.
Paul, sensational job as always, love how easy you make it look. Definitely won’t hesitate in calling you again should either my family or friends need rubbish removed. Thanks again!